T his week, we’re running an Instagram Challenge. The theme is #IHMySpecialTrek.
Tell us in 4-5 lines about which trek you hold closest to your heart and why. It could be any trek in India – in the Himalayas, Western Ghats, Eastern Ghats, Vindhyas, Satpura, Aravallis, Purvanchal, anywhere!
Follow the steps below to participate
1. Follow @indiahikes on Instagram
2. Post or re-post photos/videos related to the theme between Wednesday, May 2 and 11:59 am IST on Sunday, May 14th*. Entries posted before May 2 will not be considered.
3. Tag and add @indiahikes and #IHMySpecialTrek in your caption (we may miss seeing it in the comments).
4. Talk to us about your special trek by sharing few outstanding moments, your thoughts while capturing the scene, or anything trek-related.
*NOTE: You are not eligible if you simply ‘tag’ an older photo/video. All entries must be posted/re-posted from a public account inside the challenge period. Private accounts must keep their profiles as public for the duration of the competition to participate.
All entries will be judged on creative capability, quality of image, and clarity of caption/thought. The judge’s decision will be the final word.
We will announce the winner and mentions on May 15th by featuring their entries on our Instagram profile @indiahikes.
As promised, the winner of the competition gets a full paid trip to Bhrigu lake starting and ending at Manali.
Cover picture shot at Kashmir Great Lakes by Vishwajeet Chavan.
What you should do now
1. To participate in the Instagram contest, head over to our Instagram account: Here is the link
2. If you want to see a complete list of treks that we run: Head over to our upcoming treks page. You’ll find help in choosing a Himalayan trek in a specific season.
3. If you want to work with us: Head over to our careers page. We have lots of positions open. We also have lots of applications coming in. So the sooner you apply, the better.
4. If you want to get a free guide to the 13 best treks of India: Then get our free ebook here.