I thank from bottom of my heart for such an wonderful trek which you have organized. Overall coordination of the trek was too good everything was well organized including food arrangements and cab facilities on time.Indeed as I read in many blogs Roopkund trek is A must experience which includes virgin oak forest, the beautiful meadows of Ali Bugyal is an indeed splendid view. The first look of Ali Bugyal when you cross oak forest will take your breath for a minute and the camp site at Bedni is the best campsite of the trek.
The beautiful view of Mt Trishul and Mt Nandi Kumta from Bedni during sunrise is just amazing.I could witness the beautiful sunset in three of the campsites and food (puri and sabji) at Bedni camp site was damn great I just loved it. And the Bhagvabasa camp site is one of the terrific campsite where temperature in night falls below zero degree in the night, I was shivering all the day in this campsite. The cramp on’s which is provided in this site to trek further was too useful without that it would be impossible us to trek in the snow. And when I reached the final summit of Roopkund lake I was literally bewildered by the amazing view of Himalayan Ranges.
At last when we reach back to base camp and share our experience to the next batch if feels so great and you feel going back to the trek one more time with them.
I just want to mention these below points to IndiaHikes community so that it can improve further.
1. For our batch only during the first day, Itinerary of that day trek is informed. During other days people really did’t know how much Kilometers they need to cover to reach next camp site.(It would be great if Trek lead can give the next campsite information, like the distance from current camp site, Altitude of the site, specialty of the site etc.)
2. There are many myths and local stories does exist for Roopkund,It would be great experience if all the people can assemble for campfire and localites can tell the story about it. We did not get much stories about Roopkund.
3. There were no debriefing session for our batch, certificates were just distributed in the morning and people dispersed. We did not get chance to get together to share our stories.
4. Many people had food poison in Bedni and Patal Nachri camp site, I just took cup of water to drink and it was black in color. It would be better to improve the quality of food at least by filtering through 3 to 4layers of cloths.
5. Many other small things are ignored a lot, Lead will just leave the group behind and reach the camp very early, there were many confusing roads to the camp and we could’t know which way to take.
Finally the overall coordination of the trek was too good and Indiahikes is doing a great job, I would like to contribute to this community in future.