As Nepal shook to a 7.4 magnitude earthquake, Trek Leaders got in touch with us to update everyone about the situation in the mountains.
After touching base with Trek Leaders from all slopes. we realised that effect of the quake was more pronounced in cities than in the mountains.
Batch-wise updates of all slopes are as follows:
- Kedarkantha trek (9th May batch) – Trekkers are on their way down to Hargaon. They will be back to base camp, Sankri, tomorrow.
- Deoriatal-Chandrashila trek (9th May batch) – Trekkers are on their way from Rohini Bugyal to Bhrujgali. They will reach base camp, Chopta, on May 14th.
- Brahmtal-Kaluvinayak trek (11th May batch): Trekkers are on their way to Bekaltal and will complete their trek on May 18th.
- Sandakphu trek (May 9th batch): Trekkers are on their way from Kalipokhri to Sandakphu – one of the easier and open trails.
- Goechala trek (May 7th batch): Trekkers are on their way to Lamuney.
- Goechala trek (May 9th batch): Trekkers are on their way to Dzongri.
There have been very slight or no tremors in the mountains. And all trekkers are safe.
Stay clued into this space for more updates.