We understand the pain when you have to call off a trek or a trek gets cancelled. As trekkers, we always look forward to treks, and after months of training and planning, if you have to cancel your trek or a trek gets called off, there’s no greater disappointment than that. That is why we have a trekker-friendly cancellation policy.
This policy is effective August 12, 2021.
| Indiahikes Standard Cancellation Policy when you cancel a trek:
1. Cancellation 30 days before the start date of the trek — Get a cash refund with 15% cancellation charges OR, if you want to avoid the cancellation charges, get 100% of your trek fee back in an Indiahikes Trek Voucher.
2. Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days before the start date of the trek — Get a cash refund with 50% cancellation charges OR, if you want to avoid the cancellation charges, get 80% of your trek fee back in an Indiahikes Trek Voucher.
3. Cancellation less than 20 days before the start date of the trek — No cash refund, get 50% of your trek fees back in an Indiahikes Trek Voucher.
4. Cancellation on the start day of the trek, or no show on the start day of the trek — Unfortunately, no refund or voucher.
Important Note 1: The Trek Insurance amount is not refundable if the trek is cancelled during the last 6 days before the start of the trek. In all other cases, the Trek Insurance amount is refunded along with the trek fee.
Important Note 2: This cancellation policy is applicable to all Indiahikes treks, including our international treks.
| In the rare event that Indiahikes calls off/cancels a trek:
We almost never call off/cancel our treks. But in the rare event that we call off/cancel a trek because of force majeure, OR natural calamities (continuous rain or snow, snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes or any other natural calamity that prevents us from conducting a trek safely), OR unexpected situations like political unrest, curfews, local riots, pandemics, lockdowns, government orders OR any other issues that affect the safety of the whole group, Indiahikes will issue a voucher for the full amount of your trek fee (minus the trek insurance). You can redeem the Trek Voucher on any of our treks over the next one year.
Important Note 1: If your entire group is forced to abandon the trek after you have reached/crossed the first campsite of any trek (could be due to weather/sudden unforeseen circumstances), we will not issue a voucher. You’re welcome to repeat the trek through our Trek Again Philosophy.
Important Note 2: We do not issue vouchers to those who you come down from a trek. This can happen when your trek leader sends you down due to any of these reasons: lack of fitness, non maintenance of turn-around-time, altitude sickness, blood pressure, or any other health issues OR if you’re found drinking/smoking or breaking rules of the trek OR if you quit the trek on your own due to personal reasons. Vouchers are given only when the whole team’s trek is cancelled/called off by Indiahikes.
| In the rare event that we shift a trek:
There are situations that are beyond our control — excessive snow/rain, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes OR unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, pandemics, changes in permission rules of the government or government orders, or any such reason where a trek cannot run.
Then in such circumstances Indiahikes will always try to give you an alternate trek. This may involve shifting you to another trek where the situation is more favourable. In such situations, we will issue a voucher for the difference in the amount of your trek fee (if applicable).
You can redeem the Trek Voucher on any of our treks over the next one year. A refund for the trek fee or the difference is not applicable.
| The Indiahikes Trek Again Philosophy (trekkers love this!)
There are some thoughts and ideologies that we hold close to our hearts.
1. As trekkers, there are times when you have to let go of a trek midway. Sometimes you fall ill, or get hit by AMS or at times simply fatigue pulls you down. It can also happen that your Trek Leader sends you down due to a safety or health issue.
At Indiahikes we feel terrible when such an event happens.
Should such a situation occur, we want you to know that we feel as bad as you do. You can always come back another time, repeat the same trek and finish your adventure. For this you do not have to pay Indiahikes any money.
2. On the other hand, there are times when you fall in love with a trek. So much so that you want to do it again, perhaps see it in another season. If you ever desire to do a trek again, please do so. You don’t have to pay Indiahikes any money for repeating this trek. Just inform your Experience Coordinator who will guide you through a special internal process.
Our only request: Just register for your trek in advance – you know how it is with our groups – they get booked in advance.
Important Note: The Indiahikes “Trek Again Philosophy” does not apply to our international treks.
- Cancellation of offloading before the trek — The offloading fee will be refunded to your account with a 4% bank transaction charge.
- Cancellation of offloading after reaching the basecamp — If you choose to cancel your backpack offloading AFTER reaching the base camp, we love that! You will get the offloading fee refunded to your account with a 4% bank transaction charge.
- Cancellation of offloading midway on the trek — We will create a voucher of part of the offloading fee you have paid. This is based on the number of days you choose not to offload. You can use this voucher on any trek in future.
- In case you return halfway from the trek — We will create a trek voucher for part of the offloading fee you have paid. This is based on the number of days you have trekked.
Important note in case of evacuations: You have to pay for the evacuation charges of using a horse/mule/cab/medical facilities, including hospital charges (if any) to the slope manager present.
- Cancellation of rental gear before the start date of the trek — Get a full refund minus 4% transaction charges.
- Cancellation of rental gear at the basecamp on the start date — Get a Crosstrek Coupon for the whole amount. This voucher is applicable on all our future rentals.
- If you comes back halfway from the trek — We will provide you a Crosstrek Coupon for the days that you have not used the rental gear.
- If the returned gear is damaged — There will be deductions in the security deposit. The extent of damage will be decided by the Slope Manager only.
- If the trekker loses any of the rental gear — There will be deduction in the security deposit as per the value of the gear.
- Offline rental gear is available only after all online bookings are given to trekkers with pre-orders.
| How to cancel your trek:
Applicable since August 12, 2021: Please send your cancellation request to your Experience Coordinator via E-mail only. This is a special Covid situation.This system of cancellation is applicable only until Covid eases.
In future (dates will be notified here), the steps to cancel your trek are given below. IT DOES NOT APPLY NOW.
In case, you wish to cancel your trek, follow these steps (NOT APPLICABLE NOW):
- Login to your Indiahikes Trek Dashboard using this link.
- Find your upcoming trek on your home page.
- Click on “Cancel Trek”
- Mention why you’re cancelling your trek on the form that appears.
- Choose either a voucher or a refund (where applicable).
- Click on “Cancel Booking”
How long does the refund process take?
After you have cancelled your trek, if you have opted for a refund, the refund amount will land in the same account that you have made the payment from. It usually takes 4-5 working days.
If you have chosen a trek voucher, it will land in your inbox within an hour. You will also be able to see it on your Trek Dashboard.
What is an Indiahikes Trek Voucher?
Indiahikes Trek Vouchers are credit amounts added to your Indiahikes account. You will find the voucher(s) when you access your Indiahikes dashboard. You can redeem these vouchers on any of your future treks with Indiahikes. Every Trek Voucher has a validity of one year. Sometimes we have special vouchers with additional validity. However, they will be clearly marked when it is so.
Important Note: Indiahikes Trek Vouchers are usually non-refundable, not transferable to others or extendable. Again, there are exceptions to this rule. Some vouchers have more flexibility. They are issued in very special circumstances. These will be mentioned within the voucher.
How to use an Indiahikes Trek Voucher?
If you have received an Indiahikes Trek Voucher, you will automatically see it when you are making a payment for your next trek.
Once you click on the voucher and apply it, the system will deduct the voucher amount from your payable amount.
If you have any questions or difficulty in using your trek voucher, do not hesitate to get in touch with your Experience Coordinator.