We understand the pain of cancelling a trek. As trekkers, we always look forward to treks, and after months of training and planning, if we have to cancel our trek, there’s no greater disappointment than that.
This is why we have a trekker-friendly cancellation policies.
This policy is effective for registrations starting August 12, 2021.
| Indiahikes Standard Cancellation Policy when trekkers cancel treks:
1. Cancellation 30 days before the starting date of the trek — Get your full trek fee back in an Indiahikes Trek Voucher OR get a monetary refund with 15% cancellation charges.
2. Cancellation between 30 days and 20 days before the starting date of the trek — Get 80% of the trek fee in an Indiahikes Trek Voucher OR get a monetary refund with 50% cancellation charges.
3. Cancellation less than 20 days before the starting date of the trek — No monetary refund, get 50% of your fees in an Indiahikes Trek Voucher
4. Cancellation on the start day of the trek, or no show on the start day of the trek — Unfortunately, no refund or voucher.
Important Note 1: The Trek Insurance amount is not refundable if the trek is cancelled during the last 6 days before the start of the trek. In all other cases, the Trek Insurance amount is refunded along with the trek fee.
Important Note 2: This cancellation policy is applicable to all Indiahikes treks, including our international treks.
| In the rare event that we cancel a trek:
We almost never cancel our treks. But in the rare event that we cancel a trek because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, or government orders, Indiahikes will issue a voucher for the full amount of your trek fee (minus the trek insurance). You can redeem the Trek Voucher on any of our treks over the next one year.
Important Note 1: If your entire group is forced to abandon the trek after you have crossed the first campsite of any trek (could be due to weather / sudden circumstances), we will not be issuing a voucher. You’re welcome to repeat the trek through our Trek Again Philosophy.
Important Note 2: We do not provide vouchers to those who return from a trek because of personal reasons (lack of fitness, altitude sickness, blood pressure, other health issues or if you’re found drinking / smoking on the trek). Vouchers are given only when the whole team’s trek is cancelled by Indiahikes.
| The Indiahikes Trek Again Philosophy (trekkers love this!)
There are some thoughts and ideologies that we hold close to our hearts.
1. As trekkers, there are times when you have to let go of a trek midway. Sometimes you fall ill, or get hit by AMS or at times simply fatigue pulls you down. It can happen that your Trek Leader sends you down due to a safety or health issue.
At Indiahikes we feel terrible when such an event happens.
Should such a situation occur that you have to drop out from this trek, we want you to know that we feel as bad as you do. You can always come back another time, repeat the same trek and finish your adventure. For this you do not have to pay Indiahikes any money.
2. On the other hand, there are times when you fall in love with a trek. So much so that you want to do it again, perhaps see it in another season. If you ever desire to do a trek again, please do so. You don’t have to pay Indiahikes any money for repeating this trek. Just inform your Experience Coordinator who will guide you through a special internal process.
Our only request: Just register for your trek in advance – you know how it is with our groups – they get booked in advance.
Important Note: The Indiahikes “Trek Again Philosophy” does not apply to our international treks.
- Cancellation of offloading before the trek — The offloading fee will be refunded to your account with a 4% transaction charge.
- Cancellation of offloading after reaching the basecamp — If you choose to cancel your backpack offloading AFTER reaching the base camp, you will get a voucher of the offloading fee.
- Cancellation of offloading midway on the trek — We will create a voucher of part of the offloading fee you have paid. This is based on the number of days you choose not to offload. You can use this voucher on any trek in future.
Important Note: Once you choose to cancel offloading midway through the trek, we will not be able to rearrange offloading.
- In case you return halfway from the trek — We will create a voucher of part of the offloading fee you have paid. This is based on the number of days you have trekked.
Important Note: You have to pay for the evacuation charges of using a horse/mule/cab on the trek of returning back to the basecamp.
- Offline offloading is Rs 100 more than online charges charged per day.
- Cancellation of rental gear 7 days before the start date of the trek — Get a full refund minus 4% transaction charges.
- Cancellation of rental gear less than 7 days before the start date of the trek — Get a Crosstrek Coupon for the whole amount. This voucher is applicable on all our future rentals.
- Cancellation of rental gears once you reach the basecamp – We will create a Crosstrek Coupon of the rental amount paid by you, which you can use on future rentals.
- If you comes back halfway from the trek — We will provide you a Crosstrek Coupon for the days that you have not used the rental gear.
- If the returned gear is damaged — The security deposit will not be returned to you. The extent of damage will be decided by the Slope Manager only.
- If the trekker loses any of the rental gear — The security deposit will not be returned to you.
- Offline rental gear is available only after all online bookings are given to trekkers with pre-orders.
| How to cancel your trek:
In case, you wish to cancel your trek, follow these steps.
- Login to your Indiahikes Trek Dashboard using this link.
- Find your upcoming trek on your home page.
- Click on “Cancel Trek”
- Mention why you’re cancelling your trek on the form that appears.
- Choose either a voucher or a refund (where applicable).
- Click on “Cancel Booking”
How long does the refund process take?
After you have cancelled your trek, if you have opted for a refund, the refund amount will land in the same account that you have made the payment from. It will take 4-5 working days.
If you have chosen a trek voucher, it will land in your inbox within an hour. You will also be able to see it on your Trek Dashboard.
What is a Trek Voucher?
Trek Vouchers are credit amounts added to your Indiahikes account. You can redeem these on any of your future treks with Indiahikes. Every Trek Voucher has a validity of one year.
Important Note: Indiahikes Trek Vouchers are non-refundable, not transferable to others or extendable.
How to use an Indiahikes Trek Voucher?
If you have received an Indiahikes Trek Voucher, you will automatically see it when you are making a payment for your next trek.
Once you click on the voucher and apply it, the system will deduct the voucher amount from your payable amount.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with your Experience Coordinator.