We invite you to participate in the February 2018 Trek Photographer of the Month contest! This contest is exclusive to Indiahikes trekkers who have trekked with us in February 2018.
This month, the Winner gets a voucher of Rs. 5,000 as the grand prize. You can avail this voucher on any of your future treks with Indiahikes.
The First Runner Up gets a Trek Voucher of Rs. 3,000 and the Second Runner Up gets a Trek Voucher of Rs. 2,000.
Trekkers’ Choice award sponsored by AdventureWorx
AdventureWorx is sponsoring the Trekkers’ Choice Award for February 2018. The winner gets this handy 22 ltr Flash + daypack.
With AerWire Tech Back System to reduce sweat and a high ventilation shoulder system, this bag is perfect for day treks. It also has a padded laptop main compartment in case you want to use it daily for work.
You get to choose the Trekkers’ Choice Award by voting for your favourite photograph from the list of nominations published on 28th March.
1. Maximum of 5 photo submissions per person
2. Photos must belong to the treks you did this February 2018 ONLY
3. Kindly mention your name, trek name and batch in the e-mail
4. The size of each photograph must be a minimum of 1 mb.
5. Please name the five photos as such: “Trek name – Your name – Caption”
For eg. “Kedarkantha – Aditya Ramesh – A view of the Juda Ka Talab campsite.”
Copyright for all images submitted as a participant remains with the respective photographers. However, each photographer grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Indiahikes to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
Results will be announced on April 1st, 2018.
If you’re writing a blog post about your trek, send it over to us! We will share it on our social media channels and if we deem it suitable for our website, we will publish the same. Let the whole trekking community read what you have to say about your trek.
Send your blog post to [email protected]
Cover picture by Sudheer Hegde.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like to see a few great photo stories from our tresk: You’ll find our photo stories on this page.
2. If you’re a professional photographer: Perhaps we could sponsor your trek! We take photo trekkers on our treks if they can showcase our beautiful Himalayas with their skills. To apply, send your portfolio to [email protected] and tell us why you want to be a photo trekker with us.
4. If you want to see some videos on how to manage camera gear: Watch this video.
5. If you ended up here by chance and were actually looking for treks to do: Then head over to our upcoming treks page. You’ll find all our Himalayan treks there.
6. If you want to see the 13 best treks of India: Then get our guide here.