We invite you to participate in the July 2018 Trek Photographer of the Month contest! This contest is exclusive to Indiahikes trekkers who have trekked with us in July 2018.
This month, the Winner gets a voucher of Rs. 5,000 as the grand prize. You can avail this voucher on any of your future treks with Indiahikes.
The First Runner Up gets a Trek Voucher of Rs. 3,000 and the Second Runner Up gets a Trek Voucher of Rs. 2,000.
Trekkers’ Choice award sponsored by AdventureWorx
AdventureWorx is sponsoring the Trekkers’ Choice Award for July 2018. The winner gets this cool Bild SH DSLR Camera backpack.
This durable camera bag is water resistant and made of breathable cotton canvas. It has a non slip gripper strap and conveniently placed pockets. The bag is quite spacious and at the same time, light weight.
You get to choose the Trekkers’ Choice Award by voting for your favourite photograph from the list of nominations published on 28th August.
1. Maximum of 5 photo submissions per person
2. Photos must belong to the treks you did this July 2018 ONLY
3. Kindly mention your name, trek name and batch in the e-mail
4. The size of each photograph must be a minimum of 1 mb. There should be no watermark on the photo.
5. Please name the five photos as: “Trek name – Your name – Caption”. For eg. “Kedarkantha – Aditya Ramesh – A view of the Akroti Thach campsite.”
Copyright for all images submitted as a participant remains with the respective photographers. However, each photographer grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to Indiahikes to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
Results will be announced on September 1st, 2018.
If you’re writing a blog post about your trek, send it over to us! We will share it on our social media channels and if we deem it suitable for our website, we will publish the same. Let the whole trekking community read what you have to say about your trek.
Send your blog post to [email protected]
Cover photo of the Dayara meadows on the Buran Ghati trek by Nikhil Joshi.
What you should do now
1. If you’d like to see a few great photo stories from our treks: You’ll find our photo stories on this page.
2. If you’re a professional photographer: Perhaps we could sponsor your trek! We take photo trekkers on our treks if they can showcase our beautiful Himalayas with their skills. To apply, send your portfolio to [email protected] and tell us why you want to be a photo trekker with us.
4. If you want to see some videos on how to manage camera gear: Watch this video.
5. If you ended up here by chance and were actually looking for treks to do: Then head over to our upcoming treks page. You’ll find all our Himalayan treks there.
6. If you want to see the 13 best treks of India: Then get our guide here.