For the first time ever, we have opened up our Monthly Photo Contest to all trekkers. Until now, this was exclusive only to Indiahikes trekkers, and it has been a much-sought-after contest. Many trekkers have requested us to open it up to those who haven’t trekked with us as well.
Which is why we are inviting you to participate in the contest.
This month’s theme is Color Green.
Choose your 5 best landscape photos from any trek across the country (or outside) and share it with us!
Through the photo, we want to see what struck you the most on your trek – your favourite viewpoint, the forest section that made you weak in the knees, the mountain views that will remain with you for a long time, the campsite you dearly loved.
We have certain rules and regulations to enter the contest, so ensure you read them below.
Our Guest Jury Member will select three winners for this contest – One Grand Prize Winner, A runners Up and a Trekkers’ Choice Award.
Here are the kind of photos we are looking for:
Before sending in your photos, take a look at the kind of photos we are looking for:
This is a Meadows from Gidara Bugyal trek. It depicts a perfectly still photograph. Photo by Nitesh Kumar.
This is an example of a technically sound picture. Watch how perfectly the light falls on the lone soft cloud. The lighting also makes the glass glitter. The Vibrant Green color in the frame. This entire setting gives a dreamy touch to this photo of the Lidderwat campsite on the Tarsar Marsar trek. Photo by Shreenath
This one is a brilliant shot from Rupin pass trek. because it captures the striking contrast of dense forest. It gives you a good perspective of the landscape, Shades of green. Photo by Sandhya DC
We have special prizes for our top 3 photographs
- The winner gets a trek voucher of Rs 5,000 with 35 litres backpack.
- The Runner up gets a trek voucher of Rs 3,000 with Paany bottle
- Trekkers Choice Award gets a trek voucher of Rs 2,000 along with surprise Indiahikes merchandise. The photo that wins the highest votes out of our Top10 nominations will be the Trekkers choice award
Contest rules and how to enter:
1. You can submit maximum of 5 photos
2. The size of each photograph should not exceed maximum of 10 MB
3. Please name your photos in the following format
“Trek name – Your name – Caption”
For eg. “Buran Ghati - Aditya Ramesh - A view of the Litham Campsite"
4. Regarding copyright: Copyright for all images submitted as a participant remains with the respective photographers. However, each photographer grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual license to Indiahikes to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition (with due credit).
The last date for entries is on July 25th, 2022 at 11.59 pm.
We will announce the nominations on our website on July 28th, 2022 and the winners on July 31st.
PLEASE NOTE: If the above conditions are not met, we will not be considering your photos for the contest.
The last date for entries is 25th July, 2022.
Looking forward to seeing your best photographs!