We need some help from you to make trekking in India more sustainable.
For nearly 8 years now, Indiahikes has funded the Green Trails project to leave the mountains in a better condition.
After all these years, Green Trails has almost turned into an organisation on its own.
This is where we need your support.
The scale and ambition of the Green Trails projects we are working on are high. Sustaining this team requires funding.
Up until now, we have funded ourselves to the tune of the Rupee. As we gain momentum, we are opening it up to anyone who wishes to contribute.
The funds will be used for:
- Paying our Green Trails Fellow a monthly stipend and help cover their costs through their journey
- Covering food and accomodation costs for the Green Trails Fellow
- Transporting waste collected from trekking trails and remote villages to recycling centers and landfills
- Sending dedicated teams on trekking trails to clean up any garbage we find
- Providing villagers with household and community dustbins to give a headstart on waste collection and segregation.
To give you an idea of the Green Trails expenditure, we’re putting down a table below. You could decide how much you would like to contribute accordingly.
[table id=7 /]
As a token of our gratitude, we will:
- Email you quarterly report on the what, why and how Green Trail projects are being taken forward.
- Make you part of the Green Trails community.
- Keep you updated with a weekly mailer about Green Trails.
In a gist, here is a quick overview of our projects.
Practices we follow to reduce our carbon footprint in high traffic trekking zones :
Innovations (like bio-digester and rainwater harvesting)
Clean-up drives and segregation sessions
Empowerment of local communities
If you’d like to know more:
Here is a peek into the work done by Green Trails.
Check out our Instagram account @IHgreentrails for latest updates.
If you have any questions, just drop in a comment. We will get back to you!