We have good news and we have, let’s say, ‘something to keep in mind’ news.
This morning the Principal Chief Conservator of Forests, along with the Chief Wildlife Warden of Uttarakhand gave the green signal to resume trekking in the Valley of Flowers.
We can start trekking in the Valley of Flowers from 1st July
While this is great news, you need to keep a few things in mind.
1. Everyone is scrambling to get things in order at the last moment: Hotels, our team, the forest department, the entire infrastructure on the trail. While everyone’s doing their best, there could be things that may not be in perfect order. Do take them in your stride.
2. Your designated hotels may not reopen by the time you reach there. While we are making alternate arrangements, do understand that things may not be as “tip-top” as our designated hotels.
3. The gurudwara, Hemkund Sahib may not be open. While we are trying to take permission to go to Hemkund Sahib, if it does not happen, then do understand that the pandemic has put restrictions beyond our control.
4. Do not expect dhabas to be open on the route. Some may be open, but they are going to be very few.
5. Other than that, enjoy being in the Valley of Flowers this year. Given the pandemic, the crowds are lesser. It does not happen every year, but you will see the valley intimately, largely by yourself. This is one of those rarest of rare moments.