Gurez Valley trekkers resume their trek after taking a buffer day due ...

Gurez Valley trekkers resume their trek after taking a buffer day due to heavy rains


By Latika Payak


Gurez Valley trekkers who started their trek on July 27th experienced heavy rainfall during the initial days of the trek. So they took a buffer day at the Dison campsite.

“Due to heavy rainfall, the trail became slushy and slippery. We’re not receiving such heavy rainfall on the Tarsar Marsar and Kashmir Great Lakes treks,” shares Debadrita Ghosh, Experience Coordinator for all three treks.

Despite the short bout of heavy rain, the Gurez Valley trek is running on schedule. According to the latest update, the weather has improved. And trekkers are now on their way to the highest point of the trek.

“After taking a buffer day at Dison, the team moved to Khaari campsite. Today they will be climbing to the highest point of the trek, Patalwansar Lake II (12,795 ft), and then camping at Patalwansar Lake I. The weather is clear now. It’s a good day to trek,” says Slope Manager Nitesh Kumar.

Our teams in Jammu and Kashmir are regularly sharing updates from the trek. We’ll keep posting them right here.

View the Gurez Valley trek

Latika Payak

Senior Content Writer

About the author

Latika is a Senior Content Writer and one of the rare team members who has seen Indiahikes from its initial days. She was among the first few to begin creating content at Indiahikes, documenting treks around Maharasthra, interviewing trekkers and writing their stories.

Latika started trekking after joining Indiahikes and has trekked to Roopkund, Hampta Pass, Kedarkantha, Dayara Bugyal, Tarsar Marsar, and Har Ki Dun.

With a strong background in print media and have worked with several publications. Latika is always hunting for great stories hidden in the folds of the mountains. Horror stories from ancient routes and villages of the Himalayas are her favourite.

She is presently working on bringing out news from the remote trekking regions of our country.