Follow this page for the latest news and updates on travel guidelines, weather, trek-related information
RT-PCR Negative Certificate Mandatory to Return to Maharashtra, Karnataka | Aug 2
This is for trekkers returning to Maharashtra or Karnataka after their trek. As per the new COVID-19 guidelines, you need an RT-PCR Negative Certificate to board the flight if you are traveling to these states.
There are testing centres available in the base cities like Manali, Srinagar, Rishikesh. But it takes around 24 hours to get the test results. For this, keep a buffer day in your itinerary so you can get tested after coming back from the trek and have time for the results.
In case you need help, please get in touch with your Experience Coordinators.
Srinagar: M/s.Qadire lab, Karnarer Srinagar Bhul, Contact: Dr. M. Younis 9796300106
Hemkund Sahib is now open to trekkers! | Aug 2
We have good news! On July 30th, the trail to Hemkund Sahib opened up for trekkers. After a month of waiting, trekkers were enthralled to see the trail open up, allowing them to visit the wonderful lake at Hemkund Sahib. The trail was closed until Saturday, as it was considered similar to the Chardham yatra.
Even though the gurudwara remains closed, the climb to the lake is extremely rewarding. Nitesh Kumar, our Senior Trek Leader mentioned that the route to Hemkund Sahib was empty and the lake looked beautiful.
There are strict timings to visit Hemkund Sahib. The last departures from Ghangria have to be between 6 am and 8 am. No trekkers will be allowed to stay by the lake beyond 1 pm.
Route to Manali not Affected by Landslide Near Batal | July 28
On Monday, there was a landslide at Batal on NH-5 that connects Lahaul to Spiti. Trekkers take this route to drive from Chhatru to Chandratal at the end of the Hampta Pass trek. This landslide is different from the landslide that happened near Malling Nala, which is trending in the news. Malling Nala is around 180 km away from here.
The route to Manali from Delhi/Chandigarh is not affected by this landslide. The Hampta Pass trek is running on schedule. But it may not be possible to drive to Chandratal for the next couple of days.
We are monitoring the situation closely and will put up an update as soon as Chandratal becomes accessible again.
Kashmir Treks on Schedule. Not Affected by Rains | July 14
On July 11 there was news of cloudburst in Kashmir, specifically in the Ganderbal region. This region is around 60 km away from where we are trekking.
Today morning we recieved a reassuring update from our Kashmir Great Lakes and Tarsar Marsar team. “One team that was scheduled to cross the Gadsar Pass (the highest point on KGL trek) was able to do so. Even the team following it was able to continue on the trek. The groups on Tarsar Marsar are also on schedule,” updated Dushyant Sharma, Senior Trek Leader, from Kashmir.
Adding to the update, Dushyant said that today’s forecast indicates rain, it has been drizzling at the basecamps.
Himachal Pradesh Trekkers held up due to Heavy Rains | July 13
All trekkers in Himachal Pradesh are safe but faced delays due to heavy rains.
To give you a perspective, floods happened in the Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh. This is around 170 km away from our trekking zone in Kullu region. While treks from Manali are experiencing rainfall, the situation is under control.
Hampta Pass trek group could not cross the pass. They returned from Balu ka Ghera campsite.
“Trekkers from Jonkar Thatch have started trekking towards Bhrigu Lake. Beas Kund trek is on schedule. Trekkers will be back to Manali today,” updates Syama Krishna, from Learning and Development Team.