Indiahikes is known for its vast database of trek information. Thousands of trekkers use our detailed documentation to trek every day. This database is highly respected for its credibility and authenticity.
Even though Indiahikes has the largest database of treks, it is not enough. More and more trekkers want to trek in different corners of the country. Many do not know that there are trails right in their backyard.
This is where you can help in identifying treks in and around your city.
At Indiahikes, we have opened the role of a Remote Trek Documenter so that trekkers like you can contribute to the ever-growing database.
By working with us as a Remote Trek Documenter, you will bring out lesser known treks on the trekking map of our country. This comes with a set of responsibilities that we discuss next.
➤ What your role will be as a Remote Trek Documenter
As a Remote Trek Documenter, you will plan your exploration by understanding the trail, charting out a rough map, planning your travel, talking to the locals to get as much information, and finally explore the trail.
This means, you should be an avid trekker yourself. You want to explore and document treks as much as we do.
Next, you should know how to take good landscape pictures of the trek. Pictures take trekkers on a trek even before they go on a trek. Your pictures should enable that. (Even mobile phone photography is OK.)
Lastly, you should know how to express the trek in writing. For this you need to have a good command over the English language. Your documentation should serve as the first draft for our DIY Team to readily take up without much editing.
To summarise, you should have the following skills:
- Know how to read and draw geographical maps.
- Be comfortable with talking to strangers.
- Be Curious to explore lesser-known or completely new trails.
- Take excellent landscape pictures using a phone or a camera.
- Should be proficient in English writing.
➤ How you will be compensated for your work
Each trek you document will be considered as a project. You will be paid per project, once the documented trek is edited and published on the Indiahikes website.
The pay depends upon the type of trek you document — whether it is a day trek or a multi-day trek. On average, you are expected to earn Rs 2,000 to Rs 3,000 per project.
You are also entitled to the following benefits:
- Your travel cost to the trek and back is reimbursed by Indiahikes, irrespective of the type of trek you document. (Travelling in flights or cabs are not considered for reimbursement)
- If you are required to travel to another city to document a multi-day trek, Indiahikes will reimburse the cost of stay and food. (Up to a maximum of Rs 700 per day for stay, and Rs 250 per day for food)
Note: Your expenses are reimbursed only upon submission of relevant bills/invoices to the DIY Team.
If this role excites you as much as it excites us, send in your applications to email@example.com by including ‘Working as a Remote Trek Documenter’ in the subject line.
Answer these two questions in the email:
- Why do you want to take up the role of a Remote Trek Documenter?
- Which treks have you done around your city?
P.S. Here are some of the treks documented by our Remote Trek Documenters:
Drop in a comment if you have any questions and we will get back to you.