Trekkers have been asking us about the Covid requirements to do the Valley of Flowers trek. It’s good to see that the protocols are strict on the trek, making the trail safe for trekkers and locals.
Slope Manager Pradyumna Shivaraj reports, “Our first team to Valley of Flowers trek started their trek on July 4, 2021. When they went from Govindghat to Poolna, the RT-PCR report and ID card were checked for each team member by the local officials. They’re pretty strict about it. If the report is older than 72 hours, they’re turning people back.”
If you are traveling to Uttarakhand for the Valley of Flowers trek, these are the travel guidelines:
1. As per the Uttarakhand State guidelines, you need to carry your RT-PCR Negative certificate, it cannot be older than 72 hours.
2. You also compulsorily need an E-pass to enter Uttarakhand. You can get it by registering on http://smartcitydehradun.uk.gov.in. Register for your E-pass at least 10 hours before starting your journey as the District Magistrate needs to approve it. That could take time.
3. Interstate buses are plying in Uttarakhand at 2/3rd capacity. So book your journey to Rishikesh in advance.
4. Government buses are plying from Dehradun to Rishikesh every hour after 6 am (Reach one day prior to your pick-up in Rishikesh).
5. Within Rishikesh, you will be able to get an auto/cab to travel from the bus stop to your Indiahikes pick-up point (Live-Free Hostel, Rishikesh).
Note: You will not be allowed into the Valley of Flowers if your RT-PCR certificate is older than 72 hours.